Using Technology to Promote Global Organizational Growth
Over the last decade, technology has not only impacted the way that we work and geographies that we work with, it has changed how we perceive work. Far more than just a tool, technology is a strategic asset to support, streamline and develop an organization and scale processes for global growth.
This workshop will focus on the strategic deployment of technology to effectively deliver key business outcomes, including:
- Strengthening an organization’s image in the marketplace
- Creating connection and delivering more effective communications to employees
- Automating and expediting key HR business processes from a distance
- Helping redefine how to use social and mobile technology in ways that are most relevant to the digital generation
These topics are relevant to all types of companies; start-up, emerging, US or Internationally focused.
The digital generation (also known as the Millennials or Gen Y) are quickly becoming the largest segment of the global workforce. Getting their attention and keeping them engaged is critical to future growth.
Attend this workshop and learn more about how technology can improve your departments identity and be a competitive differentiator in your company!
Date: Thursday, September 27th, 2012
Time: 1:30 – 5:00pm (Registration begins at 1:00 pm)
Location: Onyx Pharmaceuticals, South San Francisco
Panelist Presentations: BOLD has invited three expert speakers to present their stories, cutting edge practices, and lessons learned around how they have used technology to increase efficiencies in their respective areas of expertise and improve employee/candidate experiences.
- Michael McCreary is the Director of HR Services Operations at Intuit,
- Rob Lake, Global leader for Talent Acquisition, Retention and Workforce Planning at Motorola
- Scott Shelton, Creative Director, Allegis Group Services
Panel Discussion and Q&A: Teresa Toller, Sr. Director of Talent Acquisition at Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., will speak to the Life Sciences perspective on the topic and moderate the interactive discussion between the panelists after the break.
Small Group Discussions: The last hour of the workshop will include three small group breakout sessions facilitated by one of the panelists. Participants are welcome to ask questions of the panelists and dialogue with the group. Breakout sessions include:
- Company branding and social media - Scott Shelton, Allegis Group Services
- Talent Acquisition and metrics to measure performance - Rob Lake, Motorola Mobility
- Redefining HR to scale globally in the digital age - Michael McCreary, Intuit
Attend this workshop and you will:
- Learn where and how technology can add value as we build organizations;
- Listen to thought leaders in the high tech and life science industries discuss their innovations through the application of different technologies;
- Dialogue with HR/OD colleagues about some of the ways they are using technology in their organizations
- Walk away with some new ideas for the use of technology to deliver on business outcomes for your company.
Registration: This is an open workshop; all are welcome to participate.
Early Bird Registration: (by Friday, Sept. 7th at 6:00 pm)
Members: $50 online
Non-Members: $75 online
Pre-Registration: (by Tuesday, Sept. 25th at 6:00 pm)
Members: $60 online
Non-Members: $90 online
Registration at the Door: (on Sept. 27th at 1:00 pm)
Members: $70 by check at the door
Non-Members: $100 by check at the door
Refreshments will be served.
Who should attend:
• Anyone in HR/OD or Talent Acquisition in high tech and the life sciences
• VP’s of HR looking for a novel, leading edge technology strategy for their company
• IT professionals supporting HR/Talent Acquisition
• Recruiters, staffing and total rewards professionals
This program has been approved for 3.0 (Business Management and Strategy ) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
1:00 – 1:30 – Sign in and/or Registration
1:30 – 1:40 – Welcome and Introduction
1:40 – 2:45 – Panelists presentations
2:45 – 3:00 – Break
3:00 – 3:10 – Teresa Toller/Onyx -Technology and the Life Sciences
3:10 – 3:45 – Panel discussion and Q&A
4:00 – 4:45 – Small group discussions
4:45 – 5:00 – Summary of Best Practices and close
Scott Shelton is the Creative Director for Allegis Partners, a subsidiary of Allegis Group; the largest privately held Recruitment Company in the United States. In this role, he designs and implements talent attraction strategies for some of the worlds most prestigious organizations including Onyx Pharmaceuticals, American Express, Best Buy, E*Trade, Intercontinental Hotel Group, and CA Technologies. Prior to joining Allegis Partners in 2011 Scott worked in the music industry advising record labels and independent musicians on digital promotion strategy. During this time he had the privilege of working with Grammy award winning producer Wyclef Jean, music and fashion mogul Sean “Diddy” Combs, and has contributed to the digital strategy that took independent musician Hoodie Allen to a top 10 Billboard album debut using only social media. Scott holds a Bachelors of Science in Music from Northeastern University, has been invited as a guest lecturer at Northeastern University, and Norwalk Community College, and has been published in HRO today.
Michael McCreary is the Director of HR Services Operations at Intuit, a $4BB global technology company that improves the financial lives of its customers through products such as QuickBooks, TurboTax and Mint.com. His mission is to deliver great experiences with workforce systems, tools, data and insights inside Intuit that are as simple, easy and intuitive as those products. Michael has a broad range of international experience in Human Capital strategy, management, organizational analysis and change leadership. Over the past twenty years, he has been at the leading edge of emerging technology for delivery HR services around the world. Most recently, Michael has been helping Intuit redefine how to use social and mobile technology in ways that are most relevant to the digital generation -- which is quickly becoming the largest segment of the global workforce.
Rob Lake has built and lead Talent Acquisition organizations for Fortune 100 technology companies. These global roles have included Talent Acquisition, Workforce Planning, Contingent Worker programs, Employer Branding and University programs. Rob brings an entrepreneurial perspective to Talent Management, finding new and innovative ways to improve the employer brand, acquire the top talent and develop the right strategies critical for corporations to meet their goals. Metrics driven processes with solid systems background derived from his early career as a finance and operations leader combine with the marketing and execution of a business founder/leader in creating world class talent organizations at Motorola, Sun Microsystems, Apple, Intuit, Brocade, BEA Systems and others. Rob’s experience includes founding startups in HR services, such as Westech and Centric. Additionally Rob served as a professor at San Jose State University teaching in the HR Program.
Teresa Toller, Sr. Director of Talent Acquisition, Onyx Pharmaceuticals; Teresa is a Talent Acquisition Leader with a passion for social media technologies and mobile recruiting strategies. Teresa is experienced professional in all aspects of Human Resources functions with emphasis on: Talent Acquisition, Business Partnering, Organizational Design and Retention programs.
- Developing and implementing innovative recruitment strategies and processes to deliver world class talent.
- Employee Branding and Marketing
- Social Media Campaigns
- Executive Search and Leadership Recruiting
- Building world-class global organizations
- Building and motivating teams to achieve business goals
Teresa currently leads the talent acquisition team for Onyx Pharmaceuticals, prior to Onyx teresa worked in tech organizations including Google, Palm and Juniper Networks. Teresa holds a BS from Santa Clara University. Teresa is an avid runner and Ironman triathlete