Dear BOLD Community,
With much support and encouragement from the BOLD Advisory Board, we have decided to close BOLD’s operations down, effective December 2015.
We are working on a plan to wind BOLD down and make sure that members continue to feel a sense of satisfaction in their decision to join BOLD.
Here are a couple of things we’re working on now:
- Current Members: For those completing their membership year by the end of December, we hope you are satisfied with your BOLD experience. For those with a BOLD membership that expires in 2016, we will send a special email sometime in early November providing you with the names of a few organizations that have made generous offers to support the remaining months of your BOLD membership. This plan allows you to be compensated for the entire length of your membership, while providing you with an opportunity to experience another network and/or programs. If you prefer to be reimbursed, we will gladly prorate your remaining months and reimburse you.
- Upcoming Events: We have negotiated discounts for BOLD members to two HR conferences this fall - the Biocom/BEDC HR life sciences conference in San Diego on Oct. 28/29th, and the HR Strategy Forum one day conference on Nov. 5th. Our final BOLD meeting of the year will be our Annual Holiday Mixer, consisting of local guest organizations sharing their mission and programs. Please save the date for this celebration: December 8th from 4:00 - 6:30 pm at Exelixis in South San Francisco. Stay tuned for more information through our newsletters and website!
In addition to what I outlined above, we have decided to maintain the BOLD website through June 2016, including the entire membership portion of the website. Those with memberships that extend into 2016 will receive another email in December with an updated password so they can access the “best of BOLD” resources that we’ve collected over the years.
Over the last twelve years we have planned, promoted and presented almost 100 events, distributed countless newsletters and event announcements, and collected over dozens of pages of resources. Our mentorship program and membership has touched hundreds of people.
We’ve had a tremendous number of volunteers support every aspect of the group, from opening their homes for committee meetings and taking an active lead in organizing a program, to staying late to clean up after events. I’ve seen people find jobs, present their prized projects and make lasting friendships through BOLD. Thank you for your part in making it happen!
What I’m personally most proud of with BOLD is the community we have developed. More than a network, BOLD has been a place for HR leaders to learn, share and grow together.
It's very important to the Board and to me that you are satisfied with your BOLD experience beyond the life of the organization.
We will keep you informed over the coming months.
Mary Ann Ireland
Founder and Director
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, BOLD is a best practice group for HR Professionals in the Life Science Industry. Primarily focused in the Organization Development and Talent Management aspect of Human Resources, BOLD is dedicated to growing the people that manage talent and develop their organization into the productive life science company it aspires to be.
BOLD is the professional networking and development organization of choice by Life Science* human resources professionals
Who we are: We are dedicated to developing HR professionals strategic capabilities to build, execute, and lead organizational effectiveness solutions that drive business success.
What we do: We create and foster an environment where our members can network, provide and receive mentorship, learn and share knowledge, best practices and resources to lead to the advancement and success of life science organizations.
How we’re different: BOLD is the only HR professional organization exclusively focused on Life Sciences combining the following:
• Offers opportunities to discuss & get exposed to strategic organizational effectiveness issues
• A community with a passion & commitment to development
• Source for learning & sharing progressive and effective best practices and expertise
• A supportive environment to explore professional challenges
Who we serve: Our target members are organizational learning and development professionals, HR business partner/generalists, and VP and/or HR department leaders in bay area life science companies.
*Life Sciences includes biotech, pharma, medical device, diagnostics and tools companies.
Collectively BOLD provides a voice for HR in the industry. We are small enough to be responsive to relevant industry issues, and big enough to address member needs beyond the reach of their organization. We look for and cultivate the “best of” among members, and offer a variety of options to network, learn and grow.
Learn more about BOLD: